Did You Violate Your Parole?

The violation of your parole or probation is a serious matter. Whether you have been accused of violating a drug test, violating restrictions on travel, or failing to attend required meetings, a violation of your probation or parole can have steep consequences.

At a time like this, you need the assistance of an experienced criminal defense attorney. The Lawrenceville law firm of Markowitz Law Firm, LLC, defends people across New Jersey who have been accused of violating their probation or parole.

You Could Return to Prison

Parole violations are gravely serious, and can result in your return to prison. Our lawyers will present a compelling argument on your behalf to the parole board. If the facts of your alleged violation are in question, we will show that the allegations are false. On the other hand, if the violation is not in dispute, we will argue that repeated violations are not likely.

Your Rights are Different After a Probation Violation

If you are accused of violating the terms of your probation, you must immediately understand that you do not have the same constitutional rights you had after your initial criminal charges. In an alleged probation violation, you do not have the right to be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. You do not have the right to be tried by a jury of your peers.

In a probation hearing, it will be your word against your probation officer. In most cases, the judge will accept the word of your probation officer over yours. Our defense attorneys can discuss your alleged violations with your probation officer prior to any hearing. In many cases, we can emphasize to your probation officer that your violations, if any, were an uncharacteristic lapse, and that you are committed to completing the terms of your probation.

We Will Fight for Your Freedom

At Markowitz Law Firm, LLC, our No. 1 goal is to keep you out of jail. Our lawyers put all their efforts into protecting your freedom. For help after an alleged parole or probation violation, contact our firm. Call 609-482-3138 or 866-437-1189.